The Early Years foundation stage places a clear duty on Ladybird to keep children safe and promote their welfare. It clearly states we must be alert to any safeguarding and child protection issues in the child's life at home and elsewhere
Ladybird must take action to protect children from harm and be alert to harmful behaviour by other adults in the child's life. The risk of extremism on a child's family or individual members of the family can impact on the safety of the child.
Ladybird will act upon these in accordance with Stockport Safeguarding Children's Board guidelines and our policies and procedures.
Stockport's 'Local Offer' website.
This is a council website that has brought together a range of support services and information for children and young people aged 0 - 25, with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
Our recent Ofsted report.
You can read our latest Ofsted inspection report here. The inspection date was 25 September 2018 and we are pleased to have received a quality and standards of the early year's provision for this inspection of good in all areas.
Stockport Safeguarding Children Board
Our aims are to . . .
- deliver up to 15 hours a week of free early education and childcare for 38 weeks of the year.
- support whole family working, early identification of need & timely intervention.
- work in partnership with the Children's Centre & wider Stockport family, local schools, other PVI settings and Childminders.
- support children to become 'school ready'.
- ensure a smooth transition from Pre-school to Nursery or School.